Taisin saada DOA RR-Netin :-/

Aloittaja Krisse, maaliskuu 05, 2014, 19:31

« edellinen - seuraava »

Krisse

Tilasin tuolta Vesaliasta tuon RR Net MK3:n ja pieleen taisi mennä vai mitä mieltä olette?

Copypaste mailista, en jaksa kirjoittaa uusiksi:

I got the device today but I think there seems to be a problem with it.

With C64:
Everything ok until the network is used. If I boot to 'RR-NET MK3 CODENET SERVER (R38)' and try to transfer a file from PC (or try to ping it from the PC), the computer acts like I had hit RUNSTOP+RESTORE: Empty screen with READY. Also when I'm running the codenet server (codenet server waiting for commands), it eventually does the same if nothing is sent to it. Without network cable it waits forever.

Also if I try any other internetsoftware, for example the webbrowser from Contiki, the second it tries to do something with LAN, I just get the empty screen with READY. Does the same also with network cable disconnected.

With C64c:
The computer starts with empty screen and READY. Does the same also when started up with C= -key (when it should go to rrnet codenet server).

I had no other devices connected to C64/C64c, only the RR-Net and a floppy drive (tried with 1541 and 1541-II), also tried both computers with two different transformers/PSU's (old and new model) but it's always the same.

The LED's on the RR-Net seem to work normally, green allways on and yello flashing every now and then.

Krisse

Tein lisää tutkimuksia:
-------------
I've done more research. The jumper 'flash enable keep open' seems to alter the behaviour. It's not mentioned anywhere in the manual but I tried it in the other position (originally it was open=flash enable, and I closed it=flash disable).

C64:
No changes, works just like described in the earlier mail.

C64c:
The computer starts now normally. Doesn't display that RR-Net (+other) text when startingup the C64c, and holding C= while starting has no effect. BUT! The internet works now.

I have tried both settings two times on both computers and it works allways the same so it can't be a random thing.

Krisse

Ei oikeen pääse Vesaliaa kehumaan asiakaspalvelusta tän homman tiimoilta. Reply maileihini tuli heti seuraavana päivänä että ovat ilmoittaneet valmistajalle ongelmasta ja pyysivät 'patience'.

10 päivän päästä kyselin että miltä näyttää, ei ole tullut vastausta.
18 päivän päästä (tänään) laitoin uudestaan sähköpostia, saa nähdä vastaavatko mitään.

Krisse

Asioin suoraan Individual Computersin kanssa kun tuolta ei alkanut kuulumaan mitään, ja vastauksen kohokohta on sitten tässä:
--
We've investigated the problem and found that some models of the C64 are not compatible - the Flash chip on the RR-Net MK3 is just not strong enough to drive the data bus of some C64 models. We're investigating the exact board revisions that this happens with - the SX64 appears to be totally incompatible.
--
Eli joissain toimii täysin, joissain ei ollenkaan ja joissain osittain. Hienoa.

No saa tuon kuitenkin palauttaa.

Krisse

Kohta 3 vuotta vanha juttu, mutta todettakoon tähän kohtaan että taannoin hankkimallani C64c:llä tää nyt toimii eli vika (ominaisuus?) oli todellakin vaan koneiden yhteensopivuuksissa. Tuli mieleen kokeilla taas kun hiffasin että toi aikaisempi C64c:nihän onkin tollanen köyhien aikojen cost reduction malli joissa on kai taas jotain eroavaisuuksia.